Friday, July 21, 2006

Faith NOT Fear

Mark 4:37, 39, “But soon a fierce storm arose. When he woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the water, "Quiet down!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm.”

I feel a mix of emotions whirling inside me today. Why? Because I have to be video assesed for the fitness class I teach. I'm excited to get it over with as it has been a long time coming but I'm also so nervous that I can feel my heart beating out of my chest!!

Psalm 27:14, "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord."

I know that despite my best efforts, God is in control ultimately and He is sufficient in the midst of trials,etc.

I must bring faith not fear to the surface....

Isaiah 41:10
, "Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

PRAYER:
When I am tempted to give up and give in, may your Spirit urge me to fight the good fight and finish the race.
When a defeated thought enters my mind, may God capture it then replace it with His confidence.

Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home